About the Campaign
Supporting victims of sexual assault and domestic violence is very important to Paul. During his college years, he was a member of an organization that created peer educational, interactive programs that provide information about interpersonal violence including sexual assault, dating violence, same-sex violence, stalking, bullying, and peer harassment. It is only natural that he wants to continue work to prevent violence and help victims.
The Rise Up is committed to supporting top rated charitable organizations and have chosen RAINN, the nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization for our first fundraiser of 2017. Just like the previous campaign, this is not just a fundraiser - it's a movement.
Here’s how supporters can join the fight against sexual violence:
- Donate. These donations will help RAINN to operate the National Sexual Assault Hotline (800.656.HOPE) and carry out programs to prevent sexual violence, help victims, and ensure that perpetrators are brought to justice. You can show your support by donating at https://fundraise.rainn.org/TheRiseUp
- Support Survivors. RAINN operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline which provides critical support to survivors & their loved ones 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. Volunteer for Online Hotline or at your local sexual assault service provider.
- Spread the Word on Social Media. Connect survivors with help by reaching out to individuals in need of all of the wonderful support that RAINN provides. Educate your network by debunking myths and sharing facts about sexual violence. #ActWithRAINN and it's Policy Action Center by making sure that Congress hears your voice!
If you would like to share your story of survival and inspire others, please Contact Us.
What are you waiting for? To quote Paul, "Start the movement. Be a warrior of change."
Founded in 1994 by Scott Berkowitz, The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) is the largest anti-sexual assault organization in the United States. Lead by a talented team of experts, the top rated charity provides the following invaluable programs for sexual violence:
- Victim Services - With the aforementioned National Sexual Assault Hotline, RAINN provides support to victims in all stages of recovery.
- Public Education - RAINN works with the media, entertainment industry, and colleges across the country to provide accurate information and raise the visibility of sexual violence.
- Public Policy - RAINN's policy experts work on both the federal and state levels to ensure justice for survivors by looking to improve the criminal justice system by creating and advocating for laws and regulations that make communities safer.
- Consulting Services - Subject matter experts provide a variety of specialized consulting services to work with clients in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors to develop targeted, effective sexual violence education and response programs.